Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last Weeks

Yesterday, I went out with Naomi to the Ngando area and took pictures of people working and living in the slums. We didn't want to approach people we didn't know because they may have charged us money so we only took photos of people who's children are in our program. I think I got some pretty decent ones that will be used either on the website or in Peter's presentation when he visits the states. Recently, I've been trying the food in the slums, like the french fries and the corn that they roast over an open flame. It's actually not that bad, I'm just not eating anything that isn't hot or cooked in one way or another. Also, I only have nine more children left for headshots out of 226 which is awesome. Keith and I, I think, have finally figured out this whole Dropbox thing so if you are reading this and have a child in the program, you'll be able to access updated pictures of them online whenever you want; at least that's the plan.
Paul hasn't quite had as much luck with his job here though. None of the places he went kept stats that he was looking for. Either they were too old, not about children, or didn't exsist at all. Paul and I have both noticed that Kenyans don't like to dissapoint you so they kept sending him to other places even though they didn't have the stats he was looking for either (or they would offer him their own views on the children in Kenya).
Also, we're celebrating my birthday tomorrow which should be fun. They throw water on whoever is having the birthday for some reason (nobody actually knows why, they just do) so I'm bracing myself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment