Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jagiet and Meru

This week, I've been visiting the two Jagiet Academies where the majority of our children go. I took photos of any children I haven't gotten a headshot of yet and I almost have every single headshot I need, now I'm just going over the list and finding kids I still need. I've also been working with Noah Ngugi on his Day in the Life video. He's a cute little, 11 year old kid who loves school and skipping rope. When I asked him if he had a talent, I gave him examples like singing or football. He said he likes singing and football but prefers dancing and skipping rope. So in the video, I'm trying to make skipping rope as interesting as possible, it looks good so far.

Tomorrow, Peter, some of the case workers, and I will be visiting Meru where a few of our children go to school. I've been taking my Malaria medication the past couple days because Meru is a Malaria infested zone. Peter says I'll be fine because we're only visiting during the day but I have a hard time believing that every Malaria-infested mosquito is nocturnal. Also, tonight, Rose is taking Paul and I to a Japanese restaurant because we've been craving sushi. We're not sure if sushi is OK to eat here but we haven't seen anything on the internet warning us against it so we're going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment