Friday, July 3, 2009

Pleats

I don't have too much to say today; I've just been working on Gervas Ouma's video and labeling all the kids' headshots lately. A funny thing happened this morning though, I put on my khakis that I got at Old Navy and I noticed that Mary (my host family's maid) attempted to pleat them. Now I have two random lines going down my pants that seem very out of place for casual pants.
The reason that I put the picture of a flower I took up is because everywhere I travel, if I ever see an interesting plant, I try to get a good pic of it. I thought this was a pretty good one. Also, we found out that Jackson's cousin in Tanzania died so this can be for him too. Katunzi was really close with him. This brings up an interesting cultural point though about Kenyans; everytime a loved one passes, friends of the family collect money and give the family their cash to pay for the funeral and any other payments. They don't have life insurance here so this is a great way to help out. I saw this first-hand when all the case-workers through in money for the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment