Saturday, July 25, 2009

What's Happening

Paul and I only have two weeks left here in Nairobi, one of which is the August camp which will either go by really fast or really slow. I'm still really enjoying what I'm doing and I'm constantly making new videos and taking new photos.
We had omena for the second time yesterday, that's the little fish (minnows) that stare at you while eating them. In the photo above, you can see omena, ugali (the "white blob"), and sukumawiki (the "green stuff"). We also went to Carnivore last night, they didn't serve any game meat but I got to try some ostirich meatballs which were decent. We did a little drinking, a little dancing, a little eating, it was a good time.
I'm going to have a pretty busy week next week as well. I'm still figuring out what to do with Dropbox with Keith, I'll be editing all the videos, and making sure all the pictures get into the right place too. Paul and I are also moving back to Rose's from Andrew's. Andrew is very kind and a great host but the commute from his house to the office is about an hour and twenty minutes one way and he works late. Paul and I spent more time in his car with him than being awake in his house, it took away from any quality time that could've been spent with him. So, Rose is happy to take us back in and we'll be moving back to her house monday.
Finally, every I travel, I buy an art piece for myself that is unique to the country I'm visiting. I bought two ebony wood, hand-carved sculptures today at the Maasai market for the price of one, the power of having a Kenyan woman with you while purchasing goods. That's about it for now, I'll keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment